Recipient problems

Aug 6, 2011 at 5:52 AM

Terry, thanks for your help so far.

I am working my way through all the data that I need to collect, and I'm having a problem with the recipient email addresses

of messages - pstsdk is telling me there is none.  Again, I can see them in the recipient table via MAPI.  I was going to try the

technique of accessing the properties directly using the property_bag, but there does not seem to be that member for the recipient

object.  Does the get_property_row() function provide the same kind of thing?  Can you give me a quick code example of how

to use that?

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2011 at 9:59 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Yeah, the item returned from get_property_row works just like a property_bag (they have the same base class for accessing properties.

Keep in mind not every recipient will have an SMTP style email address stamped on it, especially in the Exchange world.

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:42 AM

Thanks.  I am able to use the row property to get the correct property, PR_EMAIL_ADDRESS (0x3003).  The get_email_address() function

is looking for PR_SMTP_ADDRESS (0x39FE).  I can see now in my own MAPI code I look for both properties - it might be a good enhancement

to pstsdk to do the same.