Named property mapping in msg file

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:58 PM
Edited Nov 23, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Hi. I have started to tackle writing an msg file from a message object. I have had some success as long as the message does not have an embedded object. I think the problem is I currently write an empty __nameid_version1.0 sub-storage stream to the msg file. I understand the concept of the named property mapping table but I am not sure how to go about creating the msg nameid storage stream. Any ideas or direction?

As an example my message object for a particular entryid has a property with a property id of 0x8360. Using mfcmapi to view the properties on the same msg created indicates 0x8360 should be mapped to 0x801C. Is there an API that allows me to map back and forth? 

Thanks in advance.

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Ignore the above. I found what I was looking for. The API lookup_name_prop is what I needed.

Thanks

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Well back to the drawing board. I still cannot replicate the mapping that I see in saved msg files from Outlook. Mfcmapi indicates that I am not mapping to the correct numerical property name. Is it possible to create the stream __nameid_version1.0 from the property list of a message and the name_id_map?